80K to 95K
The North American HQ of a major international manufacturing company has an opportunity for a progressive and creative Mechanical Engineer to join their prestigious team focused on leading new design projects. This engineering driven firm can offer you a cutting edge challenges, strong compensation and multiple avenues for professional growth and advancement.
- Work as a technical lead on a cross-functional R&D team leading the mechanical design of tool development projects.
- Generate and interpret mechanical design specifications and system requirement specifications
- Guide design engineering staff in the generation of machine layout and 3D drawings
- Be responsible for the design and development of next generation of fabrication tools.
- Manage the technical aspects of the project from project inception to build and validate (launch).
- Work closely with project management and product directors managing design FMEAs and reviews, coordinating testing, and leading team members in the development process.
- Design complex rotating machinery that enables the sale and use of core products.
- Be responsible for machine frame design, tooling (dies), linear and/or rotating mechanical movement and the analysis to support the design
- Develop forming dies for various forming machines and work closely with metallurgical specialists to analyze pipe end formations generated with both the machine and dies.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- 2-5 years hands on work experience as part of a design & development team.
- Must be proficient with creating 2D and 3D drawings (Solid Works or similar modeling package)
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and or rotating machinery
- Hands on experience working with machinery and laboratory equipment
- Perform mechanical design analyses and calculations
- Finite analyses experience a plus.
Keywords: Solidworks, 3D modeling, FEA, Ansys,
Cypress Search LLC is a Technical and Executive Search firm based in Eastern Pennsylvania. We work with top companies on Engineering, IT, Operations and Marketing searches. Cypress Search will discuss all positions with candidates prior to submitting a resume to ensure candidate fit and interest.
Job Number J1-191